Injunctions and domestic abuse

Are you experiencing domestic abuse or do you have a friend who needs help?

One in four women in the UK will experience domestic abuse in their lifetime. The abuse can be physical, emotional, psychological, financial or sexual.

Victims often hide the problems they are experiencing for many different reasons or may even deny they exist. Sometimes this is because they fear reprisal involving themselves or their children.

If you are feeling concerned about how your partner is behaving, Boys & Maughan solicitors can give you confidential legal advice. Then if you want us to we will apply to the courts for an injunction (non-molestation order) to protect you, or an occupation order so you no longer need to share your home with your partner.

It’s usually best to involve the police but by working with a solicitor you can often get a court order that stops problems more quickly and with less stress.

We work very closely with local domestic abuse support agencies, such as the National Centre for Domestic Violence (NCDV), to provide advice and court representation to victims, and we can provide Legal Aid if you are eligible.

Call us on 01843 234010 or send us a message and we will explain how we can help. 

Useful telephone numbers

Domestic Violence Helpline 0808 2000247

Thanet Police (24 hour) 01843 231055

Thanet Social Services 01843 860000

Victim Support 0845 3030900


Domestic abuse: how to get help - Government website pages

Kent Domestic Abuse Support Services

National Centre for Domestic Violence (NCDV)

Oasis Thanet

Rising Sun Canterbury


Women’s Aid

Legal Aid