Landlord and tenant
The law with respect to issues around you being a landlord and having tenants regularly changes.
Our Commercial Property team is skilled at dealing with both contentious and non contentious landlord and tenant law and will help you keep up-to-date with the latest legal developments.
They will support you with clear, plain English advice and practical solutions on matters such as:
- Agricultural tenancies
- Assignments and sub-letting
- Assured shortholds and tenancies
- Enforcement of covenants
- Issuing proceedings for the possession of premises
- Issues arising from the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954
- Landlords' consents
- Lease negotiation
- Lease renewal
- Leasehold enfranchisements
- Recovery of service charges
- Recovery of possession
- Removal of unauthorised occupants
- Rent reviews and rent arrears
- Right to manage
- Schedules of dilapidations.
Where necessary, specialist teams from across our other functions such as litigation can be brought in to ensure you benefit from the appropriate level of knowledge and experience at the right cost. We aim to identify problems that may arise during transactions and, more importantly, provide the solutions.