Public law children advice
We can advise and represent you in relation to the following areas:
- Care Proceedings (Care Order and Supervision Order Applications)
- Emergency Protection Order Applications
- Children in Need
- Child Protection Conferences
- Pre Proceedings Meeting (receipt of a “Letter Before Proceedings”)
- Placement Order Applications
- Adoption Order Applications
- Secure Accommodation Order Applications
- Deprivation of Liberty Applications
- Recovery Order Applications
- Contact with a Child in Care
Covid-19: our Child Care Lawyers are continuing to represent clients at meetings with social services and at local family court hearings in Kent and beyond. Advice for people dealing with these distressing situations is regularly changing in the current crisis, so we have produced a guide to how things currently stand. Click here to read our guide.
Our children law solicitors and lawyers have substantial experience in proceedings relating to Public Law children matters.
We offer our expertise to clients from all income levels. If you feel that you need help but are concerned you cannot afford to seek the assistance of a solicitor, talk to us about Legal Aid or our fixed fee schemes.
At Boys & Maughan Solicitors we have two approved members of the Law Society’s Children Panel. Our specialist lawyers have extensive experience with assisting families from across Kent and beyond, who find themselves in distressing situations.
Our children lawyers represent clients at meetings with social services and most days at the family courts throughout Kent and on occasions at the High Court in London. If your case is particularly complex, we have experience of acting for applicants and respondents at the Court of Appeal.
Our solicitors are used to assisting people from a range of different backgrounds including but not limited to:
- Foreign nationals from various countries where English is not their first language
- Parents from the Romany Gypsy and Travelling communities
- Vulnerable adults
- Parents that are incarcerated
- Vulnerable adults where the Official Solicitor has become involved.