Boys & Maughan has substantial experience of commercial property leases.
We can help with the negotiation of commercial leases whether you are a landlord or tenant. It is always worth taking early and expert legal advice as leases for commercial property can be complex. It is important that you fully understand the implications and obligations, in order to avoid costly mistakes.
Issues that we typically advise clients on include:
- Drafting and negotiating new leases
- Assignments (transfers of existing leases)
- Repairs and other expenses
- Rent reviews
- Options to break the lease early
- Issues arising from the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954.
When acting for a tenant there are quite a few tips that can save you money, for instance:
- Negotiating a cap on any service charges.
- Agreeing with the landlord for the repair liability to be limited to the state and condition to match when the tenant takes on the property.
- The potential for any break clause so that a tenant can exit a lease early if their business circumstances change.
For advice call us on 01843 234000 or, for the Canterbury area, 01227 834000, or contact us via our enquiry form.