Estate and tax planning advice
An estate, whilst conjuring up images of landed estates and country manors, is simply everything you own less anything you owe.
Estate and tax planning advice covers a multitude of issues which will affect many of us at some point in our lives:
- Inheritance Tax mitigation: organising your affairs to ensure you maximise the amount of your estate passing to your descendants;
- Capital Gains Tax mitigation: this is a tax arising on the disposal (gift or sale) of capital assets (in particular, second properties) in life. Giving assets away to avoid future potential Inheritance Tax may trigger an actual charge to Capital Gains Tax so careful planning is needed;
- Succession / retirement planning: for business owners (or people working in a family business) this is about ensuring the continued success of the business whilst also ensuring you can safely retire;
- Asset protection: you’ve worked hard for what you have and protecting your assets for future generations is important to you. Sensible planning can help you achieve this.
Individual, considered advice before action is essential. We listen and seek understanding of your needs and circumstances to help you meet your objectives and provide peace of mind.
Estate and tax planning advice often involves working with other professionals such as accountants and or financial advisers. We work closely with other professionals and are happy to make recommendations should you need this. If you have other advisers in place we are equally happy to work with them also.
Why choose us?
- We have a flexible approach and will tailor our services to your needs
- We offer fixed fees wherever possible
- We are regulated specialist advisers on wills, lasting powers of attorney, probate, trusts, and care and estate planning
- Our team includes members of Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE)
- We confirm our advice and your instructions in writing
- No storage fees – we store your documents securely for free
- Boys & Maughan has been providing expert local advice for over 200 years.
Contact us to discuss your circumstances
Our usual approach is to have an initial no obligation phone call to explore your needs and circumstances. During the conversation we will be happy to discuss our fees and offer you an appointment at one of our offices. Please ring your local Boys & Maughan office, use the form on this page to drop us a line, or view our team profiles and contact one of our lawyers directly.