Stuart is an experienced commercial property lawyer based at our Canterbury St George’s Place office. You can call Stuart on 01227 931054.
Client focused, approachable and commercially minded, Stuart strives to deliver tailored advice and innovative solutions to achieve his clients’ commercial objectives.
Stuart is available to discuss your commercial property requirements and provide assistance in a range of services which include the following:
- Buying and selling freehold and leasehold land
- Sales of business as a going concern
- Conditional contracts
- Option agreements
- Pre-emption agreements
- Overage agreements
- Secured lending
- Commercial leases, renewals, assignments and extensions acting for landlords and tenants
- Agreement for leases subject to conditions such as planning or building works
- Licence Agreements, to occupy and to alter commercial premises, and
- Title issues, covenants, rectification.
Having qualified as a Chartered Legal Executive in 2004 Stuart has over 15 years’ property experience including residential transitions and litigation following 8 years working for the Crown Prosecution Service and as a criminal defence lawyer and accredited police station representative.
Stuart has sector specific property experience acting on matters within the sporting, media, television production, dental, veterinary, pharmacy and hospitality sectors. He has acted for a range of clients from large corporates, managing large portfolios, to small start-ups, partnerships and wealthy individuals.
Stuart joined Boys and Maughan Solicitors in January 2021 from another Kent based law firm.
Outside of work Stuart is an FA Level 1 football coach licensed to coach children and adults. He currently manages and coaches a local team in the Ashford and District Youth League.