Robert is a solicitor and partner in our Margate commercial property team who has a wealth of experience and is passionate about all aspects of commercial property and real estate.
He has practised in this area of law since 2000 and has acted for a broad range of clients, including developers, investors and a wide range of businesses. Transactional values range from complex £55 million joint venture sales to a private individual about to buy the goodwill to their first car garage.
Robert's aim is to solve your problems and progress transactions quickly with clear, straightforward legal advice. He can provide assistance and guidance with:
- Land acquisitions for residential and commercial development including drafting all of the associated paperwork (option and loan agreements, joint venture agreements, Section 106’s, unilateral agreements, transfers, etc) and subsequent plot sales
- Sales and purchases of any type of freehold or leasehold commercial premises
- Drafting a wide variety of complex and bespoke commercial leases and contracts, including all associated documents such as licences to assign, assignment of goodwill, restraint of trade clauses, deeds of surrender, and licence for alterations
- Drafting business sales agreements subject to TUPE regulations and transfers of businesses as going concerns and advising on VAT implications
- Dealing with capital allowances, rent review arrears, schedules of dilapidations and breaches of covenants
- Company and director financing and refinancing, including developer exit finance
- Residential & commercial property litigation, lease extensions, renewals and refusals under the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954, and
- Drafting share sale agreements for property based companies where their only assets are bricks and mortar.
Outside work Robert likes to keep fit and is currently enjoying the challenge of learning Spanish.