Mark Lewis joined Boys & Maughan in 2010 and has more than 30 years family law experience.
Mark is known for his honest and practical approach. He specialises in proceedings concerning children particularly those involving the Social Services and can deal with all aspects of your case, from initial legal advice to representing your views at court hearings.
Mark can advise and assist with:
- Cases where parents are involved with social services (Pre-Proceedings Meetings, Child Protection and Child In Need)
- Public Law Proceedings (Care Proceedings) representing parents and other parties with an interest in the case including those invited to intervene
- Private Law Children Work (Contact and Residence disputes, Prohibitive Steps and Specific Issue applications, Child Abduction applications)
- Special Guardianship Order Applications
- Placement Order and Adoption Order Applications
- Recovery Order Applications
- Injunctions (under the Family Law Act and Harassment Act), and
- Forced Marriage Order Applications.
Mark is experienced in representing people who are seeking a lawyer who understands their particular circumstances. Clients he represents include:
- Foreign nationals from various countries where English is not their first language
- Parents from minority faith groups
- Parents from the Romany Gypsy and Travelling communities
- Vulnerable adults
- Parents that are incarcerated, and
- Vulnerable adults where the Official Solicitor has become involved.
Outside of the office Mark is the player-chairman of Ramsgate Corinthian Cricket Club and an ECB Association of Cricket Officials level 1 umpire.