Max Konarek is the head of Boys & Maughan’s child care team and deals solely with child care and family law matters. He is an accredited member of the Law Society’s Children Panel and also the Law Society’s Family Law Advance Panel.
Max can assist with all aspects of your case, from providing you with initial legal advice to representing you at court hearings. He is known for his sympathetic and professional approach and regularly achieves positive outcomes for his clients.
Max Konarek’s specialisms include:
- Public Law Proceedings (Care Proceedings) representing children, parents and other parties with an interest in the case including those invited to intervene
- Cases where parents are involved with Social Services (Pre-Proceedings Meetings, Child Protection and Child In Need)
- Special Guardianship Order Applications
- Placement Order and Adoption Order Applications
- Secure Accommodation Applications
- Deprivation of Liberty Applications (children)
- Recovery Order Applications
- Claims arising under the Human Rights Act due to Local Authority misconduct
- Private Law Children Work (Contact and Residence disputes, Prohibitive Steps and Specific Issue applications, Child Abduction applications)
- Injunctions (under the Family Law Act and Harassment Act)
- Forced Marriage Order Applications, and
- Applications in the Court of Protection.
Max is experienced in representing people who are seeking a solicitor who is sensitive to their particular circumstances. Clients he represents include:
- Foreign nationals from various countries where English is not their first language
- Parents from the Romany Gypsy and Travelling communities
- Vulnerable adults
- Parents that are incarcerated, and
- Vulnerable adults where the Official Solicitor has become involved.
Many of the cases Max Konarek has dealt with have involved complex legal issues with the focus covering various areas including non-accidental injuries, sexual abuse, physical abuse and neglect.
Max can also deal with applications for injunctive relief, including applications for the return of children following their abduction by the non-resident parent. His experience includes cases governed by the Hague Convention with international child abduction elements where applications have been made in the High Court.
Max Konarek has additionally acted for adults and children in complex cases in the High Court that have raised issues of law and of note.
A number of Max Konarek’s cases have been reported and published in the Law Reports.
- Kent County Council v Z (Family Assistance Order or Supervision Order)  EWFC B63
- Kent County Council v A,B,C and D (children) (Weight to be attached to evidence of child after flawed ABE interviews)  EWFC B72
- Kent County Council v C and D and A and B (Jurisdiction: Article 20)–  EWFC 73 (Fam)
- Kent County Council v C and D and A and B –  EWFC 72 (Fam)
- Kent County Council v M and K (section 20: declaration and damages)  EWFC 28 (Fam)
- N v B & Others  EWHC 820 (Fam)
- LA v DG & Others  EWHC 734 (Fam)
- Kent County Council v C & Ors  EWFC B28 (20 March 2018)
- A & Ors (Progress by adults with large family over 12 months. Finely balanced departure from experts opinions)  EWFC B95